Book Title: PERT Math Test Success - PERT Math Study Guide and Practice Tests: Florida PERT Postsecondary Education Readiness Math Prep
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Academic Success Media
Academic Success Media's PERT Math Test Success Study Guide and Practice Tests Prep Book contains the most up-to-date and comprehensive preparation materials available for the PERT Math Test.
Equal to five complete PERT math practice tests
, the study guide contains more than 135 PERT math problems with detailed step-by-step solutions for each one.
While other PERT study guides just give you a general
review of basic math skills, our study guide is focused to cover the exact
skills assessed on the PERT math examination.
All of the math problems in our book are in the same format and of the same level of difficulty as those on the actual PERT math examination.
Our study guide is conveniently organized into a concept review section, followed by a practice tests section.
You can therefore preview the concepts and practice each skill before turning to the practice PERT math tests in the second part of the publication.
The PERT Math Test Success Study Guide is organized as follows: Formula and Concept Review Section with Warm-Up Practice Problems
Contains in-depth explanations and illustrated solutions on all of the PERT math concepts: Part 1 - Applying standard concepts
Part 2 - Algebra concepts and formulas
- Computations with Integers
- Fractions: Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Fractions
- Finding the Lowest Common Denominator
- Mixed Numbers
- Order of Operations (PEMDAS)
- Percentages and Decimals
- Proportions and Ratios
- Setting Up Basic Equations
- Working with Averages
Part 3 - Coordinate geometry concepts and formulas
- Polynomials - Basic Factoring
- Polynomials - Advanced Factoring Problems
- Polynomials - Factoring to Find Possible Values of a Variable
- Fractions Containing Fractions
- Fractions Containing Radicals
- Fractions Containing Rational Expressions
- Laws of Exponents
- Multiple Solutions
- Practical Problems
- Solving by Elimination
- Solving for an Unknown Variable
- Square Roots, Cube Roots, and Other Radicals
- Factoring, Rationalizing, and Other Operations
- Systems of Equations
PERT Test Math Practice Tests Section - The practice tests in this book cover:
- The Coordinate Plane
- Distance Formula
- Slope and Slope-Intercept
- x and y intercepts
To see a free sample of this publication, please click on the "Look Inside" icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Applying standard concepts
- Algebraic concepts and expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Literal equations
- Quadratic equations
- Factoring, simplifying, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing polynomials
- Translating between lines and inspecting equations in coordinate planes
- Simultaneous linear equations in two variables
The answers and solutions to the math practice tests provide you with all of the steps and details that you need in order to learn how to solve even the toughest PERT math problems.
You may also be interested in our other publication entitled: PERT Reading and Writing Test Success
Get a step ahead in your placement with Academic Success Media!